Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why do my files not sync even after re-installing the desktop app?

Explorer | Level 3

My desktop app keeps not syncing. I've reinstalled several times. Each time I reinstall, it works immediately after but then not the next day. 

What's going on? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: re-install doesn't help w/ syncing problems

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there, @wangdoreen.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue, I’d be more than happy to help!

Can you let me know the current sync status of the Dropbox desktop app, which you will see by clicking the Dropbox icon in the menu bar/system tray (Mac/Windows). If you see an error message, please send me a screenshot of this (excluding personal info).

If you do not see the Dropbox icon then the app is not running and will not be able to sync your files. You can launch the app from your Applications menu (Mac) or by searching for “Dropbox desktop application” from your Start menu (Windows).

Finally, please let me know which version of the Dropbox app you currently have installed.

I’m looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: re-install doesn't help w/ syncing problems

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there, @wangdoreen.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue, I’d be more than happy to help!

Can you let me know the current sync status of the Dropbox desktop app, which you will see by clicking the Dropbox icon in the menu bar/system tray (Mac/Windows). If you see an error message, please send me a screenshot of this (excluding personal info).

If you do not see the Dropbox icon then the app is not running and will not be able to sync your files. You can launch the app from your Applications menu (Mac) or by searching for “Dropbox desktop application” from your Start menu (Windows).

Finally, please let me know which version of the Dropbox app you currently have installed.

I’m looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?