cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does Dropbox Slow Down My Computer, Significantly? Issue persisting for many users

Why does Dropbox Slow Down My Computer, Significantly? Issue persisting for many users

arshia m.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This problem has been posted several times as early as 2015, but there seems to have been no remedy. We have fairly powerful computers (Dell XPS 8900 i7-6700 3.4 GHz 16GB RAM 2TB HDD), but after moving from our old computers to new ones, we still get massive slow down when dropbox is syncing. We literally upgraded our computers to fix this issue, to no avail. Note that we have had a business account for over 3 years now.

I understand dropbox needs, this and that for searches and xyz, but this is not an excuse to slow down the performance of our computers. We sometimes, literally can't work, because of this problem. 

I hope Dropbox can FIX this problem instead of providing a response to me. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, 

I’m sorry to hear about this slowdown. 

I would like to get a few more details and submit a report to our developers. Could you write to us here https://t.co/JzCu5Ol0GV so we can create a ticket through our support system? 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, 

I’m sorry to hear about this slowdown. 

I would like to get a few more details and submit a report to our developers. Could you write to us here https://t.co/JzCu5Ol0GV so we can create a ticket through our support system? 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

arshia m.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you. I submitted a ticket. Wiating for response. I had talked to Dropbox before with no concrete resolution. 

dolphinjosh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have this same problem with a 2011 iMac (3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 - 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3). It's utterly unusable until Dropbox finishes indexing. Drives me crazy. Dropbox please fix this. 

John C.88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has been going on for me for several years

iMac 21.5-inch Mid 2011 2.8GHz INte, Core i7

Dropbox v 40.4.46

OS Sierra

I have reinstalled dropbox several times...I think five times!

I have completly reformated the iMac and updated all TWICE

And the machine still takes about 20 mins to start up and finish syncing before I can use it and everytime Dropbox syncs I get the beachball of death!!

It drives me crazy! But I've learnt to live with it - a patience I wouldn't display.  Overall Dropbox has been very quite on this issue and they basically say...restart the machine.

There is clearly an issue for some of us and maybe others have just stopped using Dropbox...I dont want to do that as I have used it for nearly 10 years (OMG) and basically love it!

Its all fine on my MacBook Pro!!

Dropbox?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @John C.88, this certainly isn’t the way it should be. 
I suggest you contact our support team for some in-depth troubleshooting and investigation. 
Thanks! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?