cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does files with star/favourite marking removed keep showing in the favourite section on iPad?

Why does files with star/favourite marking removed keep showing in the favourite section on iPad?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I have dropbox installed on my iPad and want to use the favourite section to find documents that I’m currently working with. But when I remove the star marking of a file to get it off the favourite section it still appears there. Is that som kind of bud using dropbox on iPad? When I check the favourite section on my android phone the section is correct  - only star marken documents there....

Anyone recognizes this?

5 Replies 5

Re: Why does files with star/favourite marking removed keep showing in the favourite section on i...

Dropboxer

Hey @Mats1, I hope you're well today!

If you remove the star from one of your files, is the star showing as removed when you view the file in the Files tab?

Does switching between other tabs of the app refresh the starred list? How about or restarting the mobile app?

Also, please let me know which version of the mobile app you have installed and the iOS version your device is running. This will just give me a better understanding of your current setup.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Why does files with star/favourite marking removed keep showing in the favourite section on i...

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the star is removed when viewing the file.

No, switching between tabus or windows does not refresh the star list.   Yes, restarting the app seem to update the list.

Can you set hos offentlig the star list updates?

The iOS is 12.2.3

Thanks for your help,

Mats

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Mats1!

Can you try reinstalling the mobile app and let me know if that does the trick?

If not, can you let me know which version of the mobile app you have installed?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne.

It’s 200.2.2 and it didn’t help reinstalling I’m afraid...

Strange, when star marking a file it immediately turn up in the star favourite list but when unmarking it doesn’t go away. Restarting the app updates the list though so that Will have to do for nog I guess.

Regards,

Mats.

Dropboxer

Hi @Mats1; thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Can you see if updating your iPad's OS version helps improve matters at all?

Apart from that, have you perhaps tried to clear the app's cache?

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” or "Account" tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let us now how it goes Mats! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?