cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does the Final Draft file convert to a txt file when I download from my iPad to mac

Why does the Final Draft file convert to a txt file when I download from my iPad to mac

Leigh E.
New member | Level 1

My file is saved as .fdx in the dropbox folder but when I press download it downloads as .fdx.txt and I cannot convert it back to the correct final draft format. Help, it's driving me crazy!
I can't drag the file into the final draft app either and can't option to which format to open the file in.
Any ideas??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why does the Final Draft file convert to a txt file when I download from my iPad to mac

Anna S.35
New member | Level 1

Hey, I was having this problem too! There doesn't seem to be a response on here but I just figured it out. You just have to delete the .txt off the end of the filename and it fixes it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Anna S.35
New member | Level 1

Hey, I was having this problem too! There doesn't seem to be a response on here but I just figured it out. You just have to delete the .txt off the end of the filename and it fixes it.

View solution in original post

Teresa C.16
New member | Level 1

ANNA!  thank you. I just went into finder and changed the .txt to .fdx and all is well.  

Josh E.
New member | Level 1

I DONT GET IT. WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE SAVED FDX IT JUST OPENS AS TEXT! HELP!!!!

Can someone walk me through the process please?

Josh E.
New member | Level 1

figured it out, silly 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?