cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the option to use cellular data keep on getting unchecked?

Why does the option to use cellular data keep on getting unchecked?

johnafish
New member | Level 2

I'm happy to sync over cellular data, my data plan is genuinely unlimited and it's actually faster than the wi-fi at work so I don't connect to wi-fi.

Why do I regularly find the option to sync using cellular data has been unselected? I didn't do it. I keep enabling it and you guys keep disabling it. Why do I constantly have to mess with the dropbox settings to make it work? Please stop it.

7 Replies 7

Re: Cellular data

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @johnafish, let's see what we can find on this. 

As a first step, could you try uninstalling the mobile app, rebooting your device, and then reinstalling the mobile app? 

Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

johnafish
New member | Level 2

Since this problem has ocurred on my current phone and my previous phone I think it is not going to be resolved by this action.

I wonder if the setting is re-set to the default (safe) setting when you update the app, if that's the case it should ask those who had cellular data enabled whether they would like to re-enable it instead of just letting them find out when they notice it's not working.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @johnafish

Hmm. :thinking: Out of curiosity, could you please check your mobile's data usage and application settings?

Could there be also be a restriction to close the use of cellular data for the Dropbox mobile application from the device's settings?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

johnafish
New member | Level 2

No data limit is set up on my phone, other apps work, dropbox works as soon as I turn the "use cellular data" option back on, I never turn it off.

johnafish
New member | Level 2

I should never see a notice that says "waiting for wi-fi" but I do on a regular basis

johnafish
New member | Level 2

"background data" is enabled for your app

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that out for me, @johnafish

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this. 

When you have the chance, check your inbox and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    johnafish New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?