cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Dropbox for Mac using so much memory?

Re: Why is Dropbox for Mac using so much memory?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Omm... :thinking: Strange... Ok. Try uninstall current version and install again appropriate version.

512kilobytes
Explorer | Level 4

Is uninstalling and installing again a known fix for Dropbox using excessive amounts of memory?

Здравко

@512kilobytes, I talk about eventual new/alternative version you have probably installed (which was part of question), not for the memory engagement. May be @Lusil can say something more about the memory.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @512kilobytes

There is a remote possibility it could help. However, if the desktop app is using a lot of RAM and CPU, there could be underlying causes (such as symlinks, having too many files in your Dropbox folder, and so on) then the behavior could reoccur.

Hope this helps clarify matters!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cotfas
New member | Level 2

Hello

I also need the  79.4.143 Dropbox version on my mac Catalina so at least I have maximum ~250mb consumtion rather than the newer version 94.4.384, and taking ~550mb ram... 😐

I can not install the older version, as when is installed it autoupdates to the latest.. (I have disabled beta builds from dropbox settings page)

Thank you

Здравко

Hi @cotfas,

Did you review here? :upside_down:

Hope this helps.

kamonlai
New member | Level 2

I just want to have a light version of Dropbox, sync files only and free my memory.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?