cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my speed stuck at 0.0 kb/sec?

Why is my speed stuck at 0.0 kb/sec?

drewpreiner
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I am trying to resync my Dropbox account after removing it from my machine. I deleted the app and removed all the files to free up space for a photo migration and have just begun resyncing with Selective Sync. Ultimately, I'll end up syncing everything and will use Smart Sync to pick and choose my files, but I'm on a bit of a deadline so need to focus on the files I need for today.

The problem is that for whatever reason, the app isn't syncing and continues to show 0.0 kb/sec even though I have limitations on Bandwidth and Proxies. 

I have a Dropbox professional account. App is 100.4.409. My fast.com speed is currently 240 Mbps. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Re: 0.0 kb/sec

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @drewpreiner, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

As a first step, could you try the following steps in the exact order listed, and see if they do the trick?

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
  • Go to the gear in the Notifications panel.
  • Select Preferences...
  • Navigate to the Account tab.
  • Click anywhere in the window under the tab.
  • Hold down the 'Alt+H' keys (Windows) or the 'Option/Alt' key (Mac).
  • Click on the Fix Hardlinks button (if you’re on a Mac OS, make sure you're still holding down the 'Option/Alt' key).
  • You may be asked for your computer's login credentials, in which case, please enter them.

Wait a bit to see if Dropbox resumes syncing. If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, repeat steps 1-6, but at step 7, click on the Fix Permissions button, instead. 

Let me know if this helps, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?