cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is the Dropbox tray icon black on Windows 10?

Why is the Dropbox tray icon black on Windows 10?

Rsl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Recently the Dropbox icon on my Windows 10 machine turned black, it was white before.
image.png
As you can see in the image it is barely visible (since I have transparent taskbar) - On a black taskbar it would not appear at all.

Windows 10 v 1803 build 17134.706
Dropbox v71.4.108

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports here. We've passed this along to our specialized team who are aware and looking into this. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Rsl, thanks for reaching out here on this inquiry! Following your post here, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Community profile, so as to continue this discussion there. 

You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that with me. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Luk_li
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issu here:-( Please give us back the old icons. There was nothing wrong. Thanx

Shoshin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have just spotted the same problem. A black icon doesn't work on a black task bar - looks ridiculous! Please change this back or give an option to have a black or white logo.

Thank you

Samoreen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Same problem here. Icon invisible.

Thanks for fixing this.

Flash49
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What is the answer to this question?  How can we make the taskbar icon white, not black?

SteveMarcus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here after update to Dropbox beta PC desktop version 71.4.108

On Windows 10 build 17134. What is the proposed solution?

Capture.PNG

Samoreen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@SteveMarcus wrote:

What is the proposed solution ?

Wait for the next update, I guess.

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports here. We've passed this along to our specialized team who are aware and looking into this. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update.

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

@Emma wrote:

Hi all,

Update: The engineering team have identified a fix for this issue. It will be rolled out in an upcoming release of the Desktop app.

We will let you know when the fix has been released.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention - we really appreciate it!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?