cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Dropbox App: OpenGL bug

Win10 Dropbox App: OpenGL bug

damnation
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

just had this error as seen in the screenshot. Dropbox then went ahead and restarted itself and it works, but posting this here just in case.

Windows: windows 10, 2004

PC: Lenovo T450

Dropbox: 107.4.443

P.S.: It's not possible to find an actual support email/chat feature. don't think it's the best way to have to post in a community forum where there is not even a subforum for the Dropbox app or bug reports.dropbox.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Win10 Dropbox App: OpenGL bug

damnation
Helpful | Level 5

As I said, the app restarted itself and it was ok.

I wanted to document this bug here, so the engineers can do something about it or at least look into it.

If it appears again I will reinstall the app. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @damnation, thanks for messaging today!

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

damnation
Helpful | Level 5

As I said, the app restarted itself and it was ok.

I wanted to document this bug here, so the engineers can do something about it or at least look into it.

If it appears again I will reinstall the app. Thanks.

alexusman
New member | Level 2

I am also facing the same issue, If you found any solution Please let me know, Thanks in Advance ❤️

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry for the late reply @alexusman; are you still having issues with this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ranaalex
New member | Level 2

I am also facing same issue, If you found any solution Please let me know. Thanks ❤️

Razvan
Helpful | Level 6

I encountered the same issue and I just wanted to share my solution here, a patch that fixes this issue and should make Dropbox start again.

halle1
Explorer | Level 4

There is another thread on this problem that is roughly  21 pages starting in 2019.  I have been dealing with this for over a year and spent five months working with DB tech support.  They are well aware of this situation.  I can't believe this problem has not been fixed!

Hanney
New member | Level 2

I have had this issue for the past month as well (Windows 11, Dropbox version 148.4.4519).

Screenshot 2022-05-23 085808.png

Uninstalling Dropbox and following the "Advanced installation" didn't help, though I was able to get it working by restarting a whole bunch.

The error prompt says "This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed" - my NVIDIA GPU (RTX3070m) says that it's on the most recent version of the driver

Screenshot 2022-05-23 090121.png

I am able to get Dropbox to work again by following this procedure though (from 2020):

https://www.coretechnologies.com/blog/dropbox-software/how-to-fix-opengl-problem/

Open an administrator command prompt window, and type "SETX QT_OPENGL software", and push enter:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 090651.png

Hoping there's a permanent solution soon, I find myself having to run this script at least once a week

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hanney New member | Level 2
    halle1 Explorer | Level 4
    Razvan Helpful | Level 6
    ranaalex New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?