cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window resizing is not working in Win10

Window resizing is not working in Win10

LynVT
Explorer | Level 3

Hello- Just installed Dropbox on new laptop with Win10.  The DB windows can only be resized to about 80% and then the resizing function stops- I need to make the windows smaller.  I've been doing this with DB on a Win7 laptop for years without issue.  The new Win10 laptop has the Table Mode set to "off".  Window re-sizing works fine for other programs.  Any advice on how to fix this?  Thank you

7 Replies 7

Re: Window resizing is not working in Win10

LynVT
Explorer | Level 3

whoops- the "Tablet" Mode is set to off.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @LynVT, thanks for posting!

The new desktop app interface window can indeed only be minimized to a certain size. However, it should be a bit more than 80% of the full window size.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of how the window looks when minimized as much as you can (excluding any personal info)?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LynVT
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne- thanks so much for your reply.

Why would Dropbox remove the ability to re-size (Win10) windows on the new desktop app?

80% was just a guess (I do not have a problem making them bigger- I want to make them smaller)- I cannot get the windows much smaller* than their biggest size, which I need to do often for my work, working often with several windows open at a time- this limit to the program's functionality is making it more difficult to work with for my needs.

I can re-size DB windows normally on a Win7 computer.

On my new Win10 laptop, can I revert to an earlier version of DB to restore this functionality (the ability to re-size windows normally)?

*I will send screenshots shortly.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @LynVT; how are you today?

I just gave this a go on my Windows 10 machine and I'm not seeing the behavior you mentioned. 

Could you perhaps try re-installing the app and let us know if it helped improve matters?

Thanks a bunch and have a lovely weekend in the meantime! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LynVT
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter- thanks so much for your reply and for checking the issue on your Win10 computer- I will try that asap and report back.

That said, why did Daphne above say "The new desktop app interface window can indeed only be minimized to a certain size."  ?

What version of DB do you have on your Win10 PC?

My client is also not happy with the file listing view options of the (newest?) version of DB I just loaded onto her new Win10 laptop and much prefers the graphics of the file listing views of the (I assume older) version she is using on a Win7 laptop.

Is there a way to install the older version of DB on a Win10 machine?

LynVT
Explorer | Level 3

Walter- ps  I hope you have a lovely weekend as well!

I'm in Vermont and the leaves/colors are simply fabulous right now- I'll be running on country roads and hiking in the mountains today...

Walter
Dropboxer

Truth is the new desktop app's window can only be minimized to a certain point, but this doesn't seem to be the 80% you mentioned @LynVT

If you'd like to suggest a change on the app's interface and re-sizing options, I'd recommend that you posted your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can upvote to show their interest and provide their own feedback on this. 

On a side, thanks for your nice words; I wish I had such an adventurous weekend as well, but it was merely relaxing at home. By the way, I'm a total fan of Autumn and the scenery you painted was enough to make my day! 

Happy Monday and see you around! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    LynVT Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?