cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 1809, Dropbox 58.4.92 won't sign in? cant connect?

Windows 10 1809, Dropbox 58.4.92 won't sign in? cant connect?

mujagawudakhi
New member | Level 2

03-10-2018 21-24-55.png

Hi, I recently have problems - Dropbox won't sign in on my PC - I have the latest Windows 10 1809 version. Everything wokred fine - I have the latest Dropbox version and I've tried with older builds from couple of weeks ago - no luck. Also, I've uninstalled many times, deleted all traces of dropbox from %appdata% and other locations, changed network settings, disabled firewall.. everything wokred fine and the same system for years and years, now I have this issue all of a sudden... This is what I get when i click on the icon in the taskbar...Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Windows 10 1809, Dropbox 58.4.92 won't sign in? cant connect?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @hanoli & @bayupratama - sorry to hear this persists.

This is usually caused by an antivirus program, a firewall or even a VPN or proxy setup - could you check for these too? 

If you do and still get the same error, you can log a ticket with our team so we can have a look into this internally with all of our tools available (you can let me know the ticket IDs so I can get on them if you like too).  

Please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @mujagawudakhi - let's have a look!

First off, can you let me know if you have successfully performed an advanced re-install yet? Also, do you have a firewall, anitivirus or proxy (or VPN for that matter) setting that might be preventing our software from connecting to the internet? 

Keep me posted on your findings please!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Spazhead
New member | Level 2

i had a similar problem, i updated to windows 10 1809 and dropbox stop authorizing. so i uninstalled it and now it won't reinstall.

mujagawudakhi
New member | Level 2
its working now....i had ti reinstall it couple of times and switch different settings...

thnx

Walter
Dropboxer

Glad to hear this @mujagawudakhi - let me know if you need anything else!

@Spazhead : Are you getting any error messages? If so, could you post a screenshot so I can have a visual too? 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

hanoli
Explorer | Level 4

I experience the same problem running the Dropbox client 58.4.93. It worked for a while after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, but suddenly it stopped working. On another PC running Windows 10 1809 it works without a problem.

Walter
Dropboxer

As this is a slightly older version of our client, could you try re-installing our latest one, using the offline installer?

Keep me posted on your progress and should the issue persist make sure to include a screenshot of the exact error message you get in your next response here @hanoli

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

hanoli
Explorer | Level 4

@Walter: I just noticed that I misspelled the version number. I am running the latest version 59.4.93. My Windows 10 1809 is also updated to the latest patches.

I reinstalled Dropbox using the offline installer, but still no luck. It does not even let me enter my credentials. I even did an advanced reinstall. I've got the same error as the original auther of this thread.

Here are some screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pa71icm3918mgk/AABPMkHsyzbT_4TBm7VuJVJMa?dl=0

bayupratama
Explorer | Level 3

got same error

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @hanoli & @bayupratama - sorry to hear this persists.

This is usually caused by an antivirus program, a firewall or even a VPN or proxy setup - could you check for these too? 

If you do and still get the same error, you can log a ticket with our team so we can have a look into this internally with all of our tools available (you can let me know the ticket IDs so I can get on them if you like too).  

Please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hanoli Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
    bayupratama Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?