cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Snipping Tool Screenshot sharing

Windows 10 Snipping Tool Screenshot sharing

Saroku
New member | Level 2

If I press Print Screen, it shares the screen with dropbox and it automatically gets uploaded to the Screenshot Folder.

But this doesn't work if I use the sniping tool (Windows + Shift + S) to make screenshots.

Is there a workaround to make Dropbox save the screenshots that are made with the snippin tool too?

2 Replies 2

Re: Windows 10 Snipping Tool Screenshot sharing

Rich
Super User II

@Saroku wrote:

Is there a workaround to make Dropbox save the screenshots that are made with the snippin tool too?

That's not a function of Dropbox. You'd need to see what options the Snipping Tool has for saving the screenshots.

Re: Windows 10 Snipping Tool Screenshot sharing

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Saroku, while it isn't possible to use the snipping tool that way with Dropbox, there is a new feature called Dropbox Capture.

It does allow you to select a part of the screen to add it to your account, as well as marking it up a little. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?