cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 system acting weird when I run Dropbox

Windows 10 system acting weird when I run Dropbox

akpuvvada
New member | Level 2

I use Windows 10. I have observed this on multiple systems running Windows 10, Personal Laptop and Office Laptop. 
If I start Dropbox, after sometime, the system start acting weird. Not all symptoms occur all the time. 
Below is the list of some of the issues: 
1) The Right-Click Context menu start acting weird. It will not show Text. 
2) Copy Paste does not work from one application to other. 
3) Status Bar gets messed-up, it will show icons on top of other icons. Even if I close a window, it will not remove the icon from Task Bar. 
This is in General, I see same behavior with both Business and Personal accounts.

Can you help? 
Is this a known error?

3 Replies 3

Re: Windows 10 system acting weird when I run Dropbox

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @akpuvvada, thanks for the detailed message & letting us know how you’ve attempted to diagnose the discrepancy on your end! 

Right of the bat, your description makes me think that you haven’t installed Dropbox with admin privileges on the device causing you trouble, could this be the case by any chance? If so, then un-installing & re-installing following the steps outlined in the resource I linked above should get this sorted. 

Please let me know how you get on with my advice & I’ll do my best to check back with you soon. Thanks & have a wonderful Friday ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

akpuvvada
New member | Level 2

This could be an issue.

I do have admin access on this System.

Howevere, I did not choose 'Run as Amdin' initially.

Now I uninstalled and reinstaled as suggested in one of my systems.

Will monitor for couple days starting from Monday and let you know by Wednesday.

Thanks for the help.

Jane
Dropboxer

Sure @akpuvvada, take your time to get going with my advice! Once you get a chance to try whether these troubleshooting steps make a difference, please let me know of the outcome in your next message if possible. Thanks & have a wonderful week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?