cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows - Error message

Highlighted

Windows - Error message

Explorer | Level 3

we been having issue on dropbox lately when a file is set on online-only ( smart-sync) i cannot open it. 

i tried several things - uninstalled anti-virus & disable windows defender, also only way to open any file is to set smart sync on local only 

if you have any lead on this - please find the image below : 

dropbox 3.PNGDropbox.PNGDropbox2.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User

@DavidENG wrote:

i have installed the new builds and it doesn't seems to be working, issues is still impacting our whole company 

On Windows 10 - 1003 - V 17134.471

Could you please help ? 

what is exactly your issue? do you installed the Dropbox version designed to fix this problem?. I was able to fix the issue in 12 different companies, about 50 users... fixed 100%

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @DavidENG

It sounds like you’re experiencing the same behavior as what users mention here. If so, could you please check if you’re running the latest version of the desktop app

Let me know how it goes! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have the latest version of dropbox client installed " 63.4.107 " and it is impacting all windows laptop across our company.

Any idea how to fix this? 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @DavidENG

In order to further investigate the matter, we’d have to move this discussion to email. For this reason, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

i have installed the new builds and it doesn't seems to be working, issues is still impacting our whole company 

Could you please help ? 

Highlighted

Super User

@DavidENG wrote:

Could you please help ? 

what is exactly your issue? do you installed the Dropbox version designed to fix this problem?. I was able to fix the issue in 12 different companies, about 50 users... fixed 100%

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

issues is that when it is marked on online only, we cannot open any files and i have installed the lastest build - you can find it here on this link below :  https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-63-4-107/m-p/317555#M5151

and it didn't fixed the issues by the way 

you can find the picture on the top of the topic and see those message errors

if you have any suggestion. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?