cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Explorer keeps crashing since I installed Dropbox

Highlighted

Windows Explorer keeps crashing since I installed Dropbox

Helpful | Level 5
I installed Dropbox yesterday on my PC. Today, if I click the Explorer link on my start bar, it crashes. It also happens if I access the Dropbox folder. Now, I uninstalled Dropbox because other users said to uninstall and reinstall it. But even now that Dropbox isn't there anymore, if I click the link on my start bar, Explorer crashes again! What else do I have to do? Thank in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Windows Explorer keeps crashing since I installed Dropbox

Helpful | Level 5
SOLVED! There is a problem with Office 365 that makes crash the program and Explorer, and also makes syncing Outlook impossible. To solve it, you have to update Office. After I've done that, and reinstalled Dropxbox, everything worked fine. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @MatMir; welcome to our Community!

If you have uninstalled the desktop app from your computer following these steps and your Windows Explorer still crashes, the problem must be something else on your device. 

If you haven't rebooted your computer after uninstalling our app, could you give it a go and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Hi, I rebooted the pc and still get the crash. I'm sure it's Dropbox's fault, since I only installed that program yesterday, there must be some registry keys, appdata or something else that messes up with Explorer. How can I check it?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

I see now; thanks for the quick reply @MatMir.

In that case, you can follow the steps mentioned in the 4th step in this Help Center article

I hope this helps!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
SOLVED! There is a problem with Office 365 that makes crash the program and Explorer, and also makes syncing Outlook impossible. To solve it, you have to update Office. After I've done that, and reinstalled Dropxbox, everything worked fine. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer

So it was something else causing the issue after all @MatMir; glad to hear you resolved this! 

See you around the Community and take care  

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?