cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows: prevent autostart - really. not the simple solutions

jo-man New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi

The storage containing the dropbox folder isn´t always connected. 

Therefor I disabled dropbox autostart. 

Even though Dropbox starts automatically (at least?) twice a day. At around 5:24pm and 11:24pm, I think. The startup takes long, displays an empty dialog and does not want to be killed for some time. That is really annoying.

I already disabled the dropbox services and there are no 'cron jobs'. (I don´t know the english name for the feature, that starts processes/apps based on events or time.)

Also I searched the registry. Dropbox really messed with it and stuffed it full of entries - crazy.  But I cant find anything that is looking like autostarts.

Please tell me what initiates the frequent dropbox starts.

1 Reply 1

Re: Windows: prevent autostart - really. not the simple solutions

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @jo-man - this sounds strange indeed!

Could you tell me what version of the desktop app are you noticing this on (our latest stable version of the desktop app is 62.4.107 currently) and if you've tried to reinstall our software on the affected device at all after coming up with this problem? 

At this point and based on your description, I think a clean advanced re-install might be preferable as there seem to be some issues with the software installed on your computer.

In any case, let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?