Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word 2015 crashing in DB whenever I use highlight function

jsmith2952 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I use word and dropbox daily and having it crash on a regular basis is becoming a time-consuming, frustrating, waste of time! 

Whenever I go to switch my highlighter colour in word, the whole document crashes. It only happens when I'm editing through DB, not when I'm using word separately. 

I've read through a number of threads and feel totally lost here.

Any advice?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Word 2015 crashing in DB whenever I use highlight function

New member | Level 2

Thanks, anyways. 

As it turns out, it's a 2015 word glitch that can be remedied with an update. Thought I'd share in case anyone has the problem in the future. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Super User II
Super User II
Just to clarify, it ONLY happens if the file is inside of the Dropbox folder? Have you tried closing Dropbox. Does it still happen?

What is the exact version of Word you are using?

Same for Dropbox?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for following up. I had thought it only happend in DB, but I realized I rarely, if ever, actually use the highlight function in Word outside of work stuff, meaning that what I thought was a DB problem now seems to just be a Word problem. So, of course, after testing this theory out, I've realized Word still crashes with the highlighter function with the DB closed! argh! If you have any related Word advice, I'd appreciate it greatly...otherwise it's off to find a Word forum. (thanks so much though, for being so great to respond!)  

DB version: v48.4.58

Word: 15. 13. 3

Super User II
Super User II
I'm afraid I dont.

Other than maybe trying to upgrade to Word 16.12 (which I'm using quite happily).

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Thanks, anyways. 

As it turns out, it's a 2015 word glitch that can be remedied with an update. Thought I'd share in case anyone has the problem in the future. 

View solution in original post

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for sharing @jsmith2952! If you don't mind, I'll mark this thread as solved

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?