cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word won’t connect with Dropbox on iPad

Word won’t connect with Dropbox on iPad

ATurk86
New member | Level 2

I recently have been unable to connect my iPad with Word for iOS. Word has been able to connect to box and OneDrive without any issues.

At this point, I go to Word, try to "add a place" under the "Open" menu. I try to "connect to a cloud service", and tap Dropbox. It opens the Dropbox app with a window asking me to allow access to Dropbox. I click Allow. An "Authorizing" bubble pops up for about 1/2 second, and then closes. It takes me back to Word, and Dropbox is not added as a source to open from.

It also does not work to go through the backdoor, of trying to "Open" from Other Locations > More, and then finding the Dropbox folder in "Browse." I click on the file to open and it simply opens again to the startup "Open" screen and doesn't open anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Re: Word won’t connect with Dropbox on iPad

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ATurk86, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you try connecting Office and Dropbox using the steps in this article to see if this helps? 

Afterwards, see if Word has the Dropbox service connected in its settings.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mrop59
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same problems as ATurk86, who describes the issue very well. Help needed please.

milehiguy
Explorer | Level 4

I also have the exact problem that @ATurk86 and @Mrop59 are having while setting up a new iPad 7th generation.  Integration on my much older iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) works flawlessly.  Will read the article that @Jay has posted and report back.  If anyone has further suggestions or information, please let me know.  Note that I haven't (yet anyway) searched the Microsoft forums for a possible solution.

Edit: didn't find anything in the article that specifically addresses the problem described in the OP

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?