cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

You are opening the application "Dropbox" for the first time. (El Capitan Public Beta 3)

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello. For the past two days when starting up and logging in to my Mac, I receive the following message:

You are opening the application "Dropbox" for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this application?

Clicking Open opens the application without any issue, but it never remembers this. So every time I start up, I see this message.

Any thoughts or workarounds?

Kind regards

Aaron

40 Replies 40
Highlighted

Re: You are opening the application "Dropbox" for the first time. (El Capitan Public Beta 3)

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Are you using OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta?   Because I also keep seeing it after I updated to latest beta.

Highlighted

Re: You are opening the application "Dropbox" for the first time. (El Capitan Public Beta 3)

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

same issue here. affecting a few other apps too (reeder, bartender and fantastical). Only happens to apps set to start on launch. If I disable automatic start up they launch just fine manually.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It might be related to El Capitan, I'm seeing it since the last El Capitan update as well.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Yes, I am using the El Capitan public beta version 3. I had not experienced this issue in the previous two versions. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I also see the same during startup for Lockbox along with 3 other startup applications. I suspect the cause is the same for all applications. Also running 10.11 Beta 15A243d 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same here El Capitan (10.11) Beta 15A244d

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same El Capitan 10.11 Beta (15A243d)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Im using El Capitan Beta 6 and I'm experiencing the same. 

Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

Hey folks I found this topic over at macrumors

Thread. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/getting-lots-of-the-first-time-warning-at-system-startup-after-u...

This is just something I noticed in that forum, I have not tried the resolution, and cannot vouch for it. In short use at your own discretion.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?