Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your new visual design is repulsive

GSextusAurelius New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I don't understand the reasoning behind your new design unless the purpose is to make sure the person uses your workspaces as little as possible.

The grotesque fonts, the full page overly wide layouts, the huge fonts, the columns that end here and start there, I can't ever read the material properly - like, could you at least CAPITALIZE your headings so I know what is a heading and what is a paragraph?

Your pages look like anarchy and yet I use Dropbox for the very purpose of neatly organizing my work life - I flee from your pages like a rat off of a ship, as it gives me distopian hee-bee gee-bees and a sense of disordered chaos, a sense I very much dislike.  I can't figure out how to do anything anymore.

They say that major error of companies who do things well is to branch out with constant new ideas they end up screwing over their basic business.

You do cloud storage the best - I have OneDrive and Box for free yet I pay for your service.

But like Coca Cola with its long abandoned Cherry and Vanilla projects - your new projects are strange and useless - like Paper - and yet I log into your site and don't have a button that says "Photos" so I can more easily see my photos.

Like what the hell are you thinking?  I don't need a new note-taking application or your disordered weird font and page layouts.  I want a neatly organized location for my files and some tools on finding and organizing my files in a way where I can find it - instead of more and more useless distractions like most of our world today - always someone trying to change things to come up with more and different, and every beta release screwing up the core business and alienating more customers.

I suggest you fire your collective of "creative" design "artists" and spend more time and money on developers that aren't looking to make Dropbox govern the Delta Quadrant with every imaginable useless php quasi-app that requires you watching a 3 hour movie to determine why you would ever need this and still not understanding why Paper exists.

No wonder you reverse-onus on subscriptions and charge $60 more without consent - getting ever closer to the "They will hold your files in blackmail eventually" that people said about your company when it first came out. 

I would give your IT people an A+ and your executive team a cow pie for breakfast, how's that?

And how about instead of looking how to build the next Genesis tool for God to create new planets you make your bloody WINDOWS APP work!  Immediately after fresh install it tells you to reinstall it again for the icons to work.  What a joke.

1 Reply 1

Re: Your new visual design is repulsive

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @GSextusAurelius

Welcome to Dropbox Community. 

Reading through your feedback I understand you are having difficulties with your desktop application and you are generally dissatisfied with the interface. We appreciate your time and all your comments, even though I would need a few clarifications, as to which interface the comments are for. Dropbox online or your desktop? 

Your pages look like anarchy and yet I use Dropbox for the very purpose of neatly organizing my work life - I flee from your pages like a rat off of a ship, as it gives me distopian hee-bee gee-bees and a sense of disordered chaos, a sense I very much dislike.  I can't figure out how to do anything anymore." 

Please clarify this for me, so I can report the feedback.

I also understand that there is a confusion with Dropbox Paper. If you don't find it useful for your workflow, you can choose not to create such files. However allow me to add just one point that makes Paper useful to so many users.  Exporting Paper docs, allows you to create word, pdf and excel docs, even if you don't have the third party apps that you would normally need to create them.  So someone that only has a browser, can still create files that other need three apps installed to create! So useful. Can't really compare Paper to Notes. Let me know if you need me to write back with more reasons as to why people vote Paper as one of our most loved and useful features. 

Addressing your installation problem, I could help you further with this, as what you are describing is not an expected behavior. Maybe not all the reinstall steps were completed properly. I can look into it. I will need to know the version of Dropbox you are running at the time. 

I also want to let you know that we address all types of feedback and are happy to receive it. Positive or Negative. 

This is the place where everyone is interested in your opinion, you experience and a productive discussion that will help you and others. 

Get back to me if you wish to have the desktop issue addressed or feel like sharing more specific details as to what seems chaotic and how exactly things would better work for you (Please make sure to specify the interface you are referring to, website or desktop). Our devs always work on Dropbox based on your feedback. 

I appreciate your time on this. Thank you in advance!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?