cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom connection to Dropbox

Zoom connection to Dropbox

Vanille218
Explorer | Level 3

I am having problem connecting to dropbox from zoom on ipad. I used to be able to see dropbox in the Share content pulldown menu, but it disappeared for some reason. I tried the following suggestion. I did see Zoom under conneced apps and by accicent I disconnected it, now I am not sure how to connect it again. (my apology for being so novice !)

THAN YOU FOR YOUR HELP !

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your profile picture (or face icon) in the upper-right corner.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Connected apps tab.
  5. Next to Zoom, click Connect to Zoom, and follow the prompts.
    • Note: If you’re part of a Dropbox Business team and you don’t see Zoom, your admin may have disabled Zoom for your team. You’ll need to get help from your team admin to connect to Zoom.
8 Replies 8

Re: Zoom connection to dropbox

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Vanille218, I'd be happy to help out with this!

Can you let me know, if you follow the steps to reconnect Zoom to your account what kind of issue do you run into? Please bear in mind that you will need to do this online rather then from the mobile app.

If you get any error messages, please send me a screenshot of that (excluding any personal info).

Also, please make sure that both your apps are running the latest versions on your device by checking the App store for any pending updates there.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Vanille218
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Yes all my apps are running the current version. When I follow the steps, I get this screen.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.27.15 AM.png

Click on learn more, then

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.28.24 AM.png

So I click on Update.

Now from my iphone

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.52.13 AM.png

I am able to access dropbox under share file.

However from ipad, Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.52.25 AM.png

so I am not able to select dropbox from the pulldown menu. (I used to be able to)

Any suggestions ? 

Thank you again in advance !

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @Vanille218!

Would you mind checking for me, are you signed into the same Dropbox accounts on both your iPhone and iPad?

Also, can you let me know what iOS version your iPad and iPhone are running and the Dropbox app versions installed?

You can find the Dropbox app version by opening the app, tapping the "Account" tab, then the "Settings" gear icon in the top left and towards the bottom you'll see "App Version" there.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Vanille218
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Here are the versions of app and iOS

iphone & iPad  iOS 13.4.1

dropbox version

188.2(iPad)

148.2.2(iphone)

v97.4.467 (mac)

Hope this helps

Thank you

Mayumi

I can't see the share option in Zoom anymore

jack40
Explorer | Level 3

I've been using zoom with dropbox without any problems till last thurdsday when the share option in zoom was no longer there having spent ages going round in circles trying to fix this, yes i have gone to connected apps and recoconected zoom but it doesnt show up in apps with access part its only in the connected apps to dropbox bit?

Re: I can't see the share option in Zoom anymore

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @jack40, I hope you're well today!

Can you just clarify for me where you're not seeing Dropbox in the share option? For example, are you using a mobile device, a computer or through the website?

Also, please send along a screenshot of where you're not seeing the option.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

jack40
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry, yeah I’m on an iPad with the most up to date iOS and the most up to date versions of both Dropbox and zoom, since last Thursday the option within zoom whilst on a video meeting to share Dropbox is no longer there. I’ve been into my settings on connected apps within Dropbox settings and it has permission to access it but something is not right as it’s not working?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @jack40, just to note I've moved your post here as it seems you're having the same issue as the OP.

After looking into this, there's not many more steps that I can suggest here for you both @Vanille218 and @jack40. At this point, I'd suggest to reach out to Zoom Support to see if they can offer any additional info on this.

In the meantime though, your thread will remain open so please don't hesitate to get back to me with any other questions about this and I'll do my best to assist.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?