cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access by other people

access by other people

Alex S.66
New member | Level 1

I gave an access to my dropbox account to other people (at that time didn't realize, that it's against the agreement).
Now I would like to cut their access. Simply changing password still allows them to access desk top version. How do I go about it without closing an account and opening new one ?

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: access by other people

Richard P.
Super User alumni
5 Replies 5

Richard P.
Super User alumni

You need to unlink those devices here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/security

Alex S.66
New member | Level 1

Richard thank you so much ! So whatever is in their dropbox folder stays, but new additions they will not be able to see ?

Richard P.
Super User alumni

If you have a Pro account, there is an option to attempt to delete files on the computer you are unlinking, but otherwise, yes, you have it correct.

Alex S.66
New member | Level 1

I do have pro account

Alex S.66
New member | Level 1

but I already unlinked them without checking the box, I thought that it might delete all files including mine. Was pretty stupid move I guess )

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Alex S.66 New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?