cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional permissions are required to access files BigSur

additional permissions are required to access files BigSur

dbloomfield1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

When I installed BigSur, dropbox hasn't been functioning normally.  I sync a number of folders from my Dropbox filesystem, but when I try to open them I get the following message: "additional permissions are required to access files".  Then I get the triangle with an error message. I am able to access the files from the web and once I do that I can usually access the file from my desktop without doing anything.    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.55.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.55.11 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello there @dbloomfield1, I hope you're having a good day!

If you haven't already, can you restart your computer to see if that does the trick?

If you're still getting the errors after a restart, can you let me know which version of the app you have installed, and the current sync status?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hello there @dbloomfield1, I hope you're having a good day!

If you haven't already, can you restart your computer to see if that does the trick?

If you're still getting the errors after a restart, can you let me know which version of the app you have installed, and the current sync status?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dbloomfield1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Daphne.  When I restarted my computer the OS upgraded as did some other programs.  Now it seems to work fine - I haven't gotten that error message since doing that.  Many thanks.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that helped @dbloomfield1!

If the issue does crop up again, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. 😀

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Davide Bilardi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm using my dropbox on multiple devices and very often I have the message "additional permissions are required to access the following file". I've seen that the solution suggested is to restart the computer.

This is not a real solution since when I'm working on a lot of files and I'm in between doing other things I can not restart the computer. And this is happening several times a day.

Sorry, do you have an alternative solution so that I can access my files from my multiple devices (and have them synchronized) without having to restart them?

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Davide Bilardi, thanks for joining the discussion and sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Could you please send me a screenshot of the exact message you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

Also, is the desktop app 'up to date' when this happens or syncing in your system tray/menu bar?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Davide Bilardi
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your feedback Walter!

The error messages are exactly the ones posted by dbloomfield1 at the start of the conversation I replied! Let me know should you need them again.

If I look at my desktop icon information it says " All your files are up to date"

Thanks for your support!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
And do you get the same results with our desktop app completely closed @Davide Bilardi?

Let me know what happens when you quit the app and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Davide Bilardi Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?