cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox stop working

blank login screen with dropbox app on windows 7 pc

bocceman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.  I'v having issues with logging into an existing dropbox account on a windows 7 pc. 

If i roll back to version 15.4.22 I can see the login and I am able to enter my userid and password but then it tells me the version of software is too old and i need to download the lastest version.

I've tried the lastest version - 24.4.17 and all I get is a blank screen.  I've tried a few different versions, 18,19 and 20 versions and get the same blank screen.

Anybody have this issue?  Any solution for this?

126 Replies 126

a7med3wedan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

hello,  after i finsh install and i want to sign in the dropbox stop working .

this img :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi9zzj1sfx1ujce/set%20up%20dropbox.jpg?dl=0

please help to fix this problem .

thanks

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey a7med3wedan

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Community with this screenshot, much appreciated! 

As my colleague @Zed mentioned above, usually this is because of an Antivirus, firewallproxy setting or network domain blocking Dropbox. 

If you have followed the steps above and this persists, I'd be more than glad to investigate this case with you. Could you please log a ticket and let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I follow-up? 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

bluerandy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have another PC with this issue.

I have done nothing to the PC over the past week (except maybe install Windows updates) and yet today Dropbox login screen is now working.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bluerandy,

If following the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread won't help on this, I'd strongly recommend raising a ticket with our support team about this so they can help.

Thank you!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ivydene
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having similar problems. Windows 7 64-bit machine. Dropbox was working fine until a few days ago. I unlinked my two accounts (personal and plus), reformatted the drive they were on, re-installed dropbox successfully, but now get a blank 'Set Up Dropbox' window when trying to re-link the accounts. I've tried installing a previous version (15.4.22) as suggested in several posts, which gets me to a sign-in, but then throws up an error message telling me that I need to update to the current version of Dropbox. I rely upon Dropbox to do my work. Although I can still see my files online, it's critical that I'm able to use desktop functionality to work effectively. I'd be grateful for a fix to this problem ASAP. I've raised a support ticket.

dhfernz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

Just wanted to update on this forum that my dropbox is finally up and running. All i did was update my laptop drivers from this site https://drp.su/en. Something clicked and my dropbox started working fine. Hence, just try updating your desktop/laptop drivers once and maybe it will work.

Warm Regards

Derick

A_Z
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
What I did to fix this is to download the Stable build first:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-15-4-22/m-p/195732#M3502

Then try to login with Stable Build.

It will give you an error saying your version is too old after you hit Login. Now install the newer version directly. And it will try to login again.

kn0b
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, don't panic 🙂

i had the same problem and i solved by the more stupid way but it works

the problem is the field are blank, but there.... so click in your dropbox icon close to the clock do "click here to sign and start"

when appears teh window of dropbox make 2 Tab click, write your email account, 1 more Tab write password and press Enter 😉

and done

Keep C00l

Rick__k16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same issue Windows 7 Pro (32bit) clean install. Downloaded the current version of windows desktop app v26.4.24 and got the blank sign-in pop up screen. The issue I have found to be to do with Internet Explorer default settings (regardles of the browser you use) as IE is still part of the OS in Win 7 and nothing to do with firewalls or AV software.This has worked at home and at work on Desktop and Laptops running windows 7  (32bit and 64 bit) 

This is what worked for me:

1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet  and click Internet Options

2. The Internet Properties window will pop up. Then click the Security tab

3. Then click Trusted Sites (green tick) icon and click the Sites button

4. Where is says "Add this website to the zone:" type:  https://www.dropbox.com  and then click the Add button

5. Click Close button, Apply button, OK button

6. Exit the dropbox app in the system tray.

7. Reboot your PC  

You should now see the pop up with the dropbox logo, google sign in and normal sign in window clearly.   Hope this helps.

Rick__k16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Try this:

I had the same issue Windows 7 Pro (32bit) clean install. Downloaded the current version of windows desktop app v26.4.24 and got the blank sign-in pop up screen. The issue I have found to be to do with Internet Explorer default settings (regardles of the browser you use) as IE is still part of the OS in Win 7 and nothing to do with firewalls or AV software. This has worked at home and at work on Desktop and Laptops running windows 7  (32bit and 64 bit)  

This is what worked for me:

1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet  and click Internet Options

2. The Internet Properties window will pop up. Then click the Security tab

3. Then click Trusted Sites (green tick) icon and click the Sites button

4. Where is says "Add this website to the zone:" type:  https://www.dropbox.com  and then click the Add button

5. Click Close button, Apply button, OK button

6. Exit the dropbox app in the system tray.

7. Reboot your PC  

You should now see the pop up with the dropbox logo, google sign in and normal sign in window clearly.  

Hope this helps others who've had this issue.  

Need more support?