cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: browser connection error?

browser connection error?

Gr8A
Explorer | Level 3

I got a notice from Dropbox that my account had been opened in Windows Chrome at about the same time I opened my account in Brave browser. Would the browser information be in error showing Windows Chrome if I use Brave browser?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Gr8A wrote:

I got a notice from Dropbox that my account had been opened in Windows Chrome at about the same time I opened my account in Brave browser. Would the browser information be in error showing Windows Chrome if I use Brave browser?

Brave is based on Chromium, the same engine that Chrome uses. In fact, the new Edge is as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear as Chrome during browser detection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Gr8A wrote:

Brave is based on Chromium, the same engine that Chrome uses. In fact, the new Edge is as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear as Chrome during browser detection.

Gr8A
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Need more support?