cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug: one of the 3 linked devices refuses access because I have 3 devices linked

bug: one of the 3 linked devices refuses access because I have 3 devices linked

charonme
Explorer | Level 4

I have 3 devices linked: ipad, notebook and desktop PC. It worked for years, but now suddenly the ipad app says "To link this device, try Dropbox plus. You've reached your plan's device limit."
When I click the "unlink some devices" option it lists my 3 devices including "ipad: this device", so the app knows I'm not trying to link a new device, it knows it's on one of my 3 linked devices.
Anyway when I select to unlink my notebook it says "to continue, you need to unlink 3 devices"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: bug: one of the 3 linked devices refuses access because I have 3 devices linked

Mark
Super User II

Unlink the iPad and relink it, sounds like its trying to create a new connection

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Re: bug: one of the 3 linked devices refuses access because I have 3 devices linked

Mark
Super User II

Do you only have three devices listing at https://www.dropbox.com/account/security ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

charonme
Explorer | Level 4

yes, only 3. I don't even have any other devices

Mark
Super User II

Unlink the iPad and relink it, sounds like its trying to create a new connection

View solution in original post

charonme
Explorer | Level 4

thanks, so far it seems it helped.
I tried that earlier within the ipad, but it didn't allow me to unlink it, but it worked though the web interface

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?