cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect Mac to iphone XR for automatic downloads

can't connect Mac to iphone XR for automatic downloads

lesjoyal
New member | Level 2

Hi there... I got a new iphone XR and am trying to have my pictures automatically go to Dropbox like they did on my old iphone 6.  I have installed and signed into the Dropbox App on both my MacBook and my iphone. I scan the QR code and follw the prompts but the message I get says that Dropbox is NOT installed on my computer yet (but it is) and to try again in a few minutes.  I have retried many time - no success.  Any ideas what is going wrong?   thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Re: can't connect Mac to iphone XR for automatic downloads

Nate_C
Super User

Hello,

What are you setting up that requires scanning a QR code? Dropbox allows you to connect a computer to Dropbox by scanning a QR code, is that what you are trying to do?

Since the iPhone XR is the new device, you should only need to set up Dropbox on the iPhone. Your computer should keep syncing the way it did before.

Since you signed into Dropbox on your phone, you can follow the instructions here to make sure Camera Uploads is enabled.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?