cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

can't connect phone device limit trouble

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I'm having trouble connecting my phone to my account: it tells me the limit of devices connected to my account has been reached and suggests I subscribe to Dropbox Plus. However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account. Besides my own account my husband is sharing a few folders with me, and he is connected thru his PC and his phone to his own account (thru which he's sharing those folders with me.) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my phone but straight from the beginning my only option is to either subscribe or dissociate a device. Don't really know what to do, can anyone help me here?

Thanks,

VO

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: can't connect phone device limit trouble

Super User II
Super User II

@VO74 wrote:

However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account.

Have you checked the number of connected devices on your Security page? More than likely you have some previous devices still listed, or duplicates of your PC (if you ever reinstalled Dropbox).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@VO74 wrote:

However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account.

Have you checked the number of connected devices on your Security page? More than likely you have some previous devices still listed, or duplicates of your PC (if you ever reinstalled Dropbox).

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich,

You were absolutely right! Thank you so much for your help!

Best Regards

Bessy

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?