cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect phone device limit trouble

can't connect phone device limit trouble

VO74
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I'm having trouble connecting my phone to my account: it tells me the limit of devices connected to my account has been reached and suggests I subscribe to Dropbox Plus. However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account. Besides my own account my husband is sharing a few folders with me, and he is connected thru his PC and his phone to his own account (thru which he's sharing those folders with me.) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my phone but straight from the beginning my only option is to either subscribe or dissociate a device. Don't really know what to do, can anyone help me here?

Thanks,

VO

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't connect phone device limit trouble

Rich
Super User II

@VO74 wrote:

However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account.

Have you checked the number of connected devices on your Security page? More than likely you have some previous devices still listed, or duplicates of your PC (if you ever reinstalled Dropbox).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@VO74 wrote:

However I only have my PC connected to my account at that point and it says I can connect up to 3 devices to my Basic account.

Have you checked the number of connected devices on your Security page? More than likely you have some previous devices still listed, or duplicates of your PC (if you ever reinstalled Dropbox).

View solution in original post

VO74
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich,

You were absolutely right! Thank you so much for your help!

Best Regards

Bessy

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

VO74 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?