Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

can't delete DropboxExt64.22.0.dll and installer won't run with it in the client folder

Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox stopped updating on my Windows 7 Pro computer.  Tried reinstalling it but that didn't work.  Uninstalled dropbox using the windows uninstaller.  Downloaded the installer but it wouldn't run.  Followed the suggestion to delete all of my dropbox files and they all deleted except for DropboxExt64.22.0.dll in the client folder.  Even tried to delete the file in a dos window.  Installer still won't run.  Sometimes I get an error message but most of the time it just disapears after I say yes that I want  to let the program make changes to my computer. Help!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: can't delete DropboxExt64.22.0.dll and installer won't run with it in the client folder

Super User II
Super User II
Have you tried an advanced reinstall?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: can't delete DropboxExt64.22.0.dll and installer won't run with it in the client folder

Explorer | Level 3

yes, I tried that before I actually started deleting the dropbox program files.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @seadoug

Initially, could you please check to see if there are any third party apps that could be blocking/hindering the installation process, like an antivirus? You could also try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security program or configure your firewall to work with Dropbox.

Furthermore, could you by any chance be connected via a work network? If you are, I’d kindly suggest to check with your company’s IT department, since there may some sort of update on your firewall settings, affecting your connection. 

Finally, I’d also recommend having a look through this Help Center article for more info in case you come across something that might help resolve your concern. 

If the issue persists, could you send a screenshot of the error that you’re seeing (omitting any personal info)?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?