cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot open link received

cannot open link received

richard n.22
New member | Level 1

received link but cannot open it!!!!!

5 Replies 5

Re: cannot open link received

Ed
Dropboxer

What error message do you get?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Cindy F.6
New member | Level 1

I am having the same issue.   I receive a link via email (Outlook).and the file object appears in the email -- but is not 'clickable'.   THe object appears to be an image in a table (see below), not a link.

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

Tell your correspondent to try another method of sending/sharing a LINK. It may be their problem.

Cindy F.6
New member | Level 1

She did resend - and I have the same issue on my PC  (windows 10 and outlook 10)

I was able to open the link using my Samsung Phone (Android).    

From my phone, I forwarded the email to my gmail account.   I could open the link using gmail.

So I am thinking that there seems to be some issue with outlook or windows 10 in working with dropbox.  (Maybe I have some settings wrong?)

Suggestions?

J L.9
New member | Level 1

i have same issue on Mac and others able to view so not on senders end.  Not able to open on either MAC or iPhone.  Fairly certain it is something I am not doing correctly.  Have even saved on my desktop but still unable to download to dropbox to view

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

J L.9 New member | Level 1
    Cindy F.6 New member | Level 1
    Rick M. Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
    Ed Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?