cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.dropbox.attributes”.

com.dropbox.attributes”.

Camilla e.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Our dropbox constantly keeps copying every file, with a copy with this in the end of file name: com.dropbox.attributes”.
When we run a bad file check, it list all these attributes file, how do we prevent this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello,

The issue you're seeing is a Mac issue that occurs when copying files with extended attributes metadata into a file system that doesn't support them.

Depending on the information stored in the metadata, you may or may not need these files.

These files are called AppleDouble files and more information on how to handle them can be found by searching for: "apple double files"

To avoid this issue if you have your Dropbox folder on an external drive, we recommend ensuring that the drive is formatted in the default file system format for the Operating System that is installed.

A quick fix to remove those files: from the website you can search "attributes" in the search bar.

You can select all the results and delete them all together.

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Abdullah B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

sadly i have the same problem for more than a month and until now i didn't fond any solution ,the dropbox support very bad in solving this issue !!!

Richard W.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Keep pestering dropbox support about this. The issue is known to them. It occurs because dropbox is linked to two different file systems, and only one can handle extended attributes. There has to be a fix - perhaps the option to hide these files...

Csaba H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same issue! Looking forward the solution!
I use: android 4.4, win7, ubuntu 14.04

Dario C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here! This is urgent!! If it doesn't get solved in the following weeks it's time to say goodbay to Dropbox. I'm quite pissed actually, since the support is provide ZERO support on this.

Abdullah B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want to increase the users but no way if this problem didn't solved ,definitely I will look for other services, very poor customer support with this issue !!!!!
Ignoring this problem is killing the she quality of service!!!!

Lehel L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1 vote
I have the same annoying issue.

Abdullah B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It seems Dropbox is totally ignoring our problem !!!!

Abdullah B.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Still no suolotion and dropbox continue ignoring this issue !!!!

Ed B.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is very frustrating. There are a LOT of posts on this subject but I haven't seen word one from Dropbox on it. It may be time to jump ship.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Simon L.11 New member | Level 1
    ClarLynda W. New member | Level 1
    Björn B.6 New member | Level 1
    suzette r. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?