cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.dropbox.attributes”.

com.dropbox.attributes”.

Camilla e.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Our dropbox constantly keeps copying every file, with a copy with this in the end of file name: com.dropbox.attributes”.
When we run a bad file check, it list all these attributes file, how do we prevent this?

23 Replies 23

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response, but this issue should be fixed in the 3.8 series

New files of this form should not be appearing in your Dropbox.  If you delete these files (via the web), they should not reappear if all of your linked hosts are on 3.8.  Please let us know if that is not the case.  We are working on automatically removing the existing files, but manually deleting from the website should work for now. 

Thanks!

John

Dario C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi John, I updated to the newest version and there are still those attribute files around. What next?

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Dario,

The new version prevents the files from re-appearing.  For now, can you delete the files from the dropbox.com website?  They should not come back.  We are working on making this an automated process.

Thanks!

John

Dario C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Well, the thing is that when I go to the website it doesn't show the attribute files I have on my HDD. As if the website is hiding those files? Not sure... they're synced after all, so they should show up as well, am I right? Guess I'll have to wait until the automated process is processing.

Thanks anyway!

candy L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have thousands files and each of it has attributes file. Manually deleting is very painful

Dario C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My Dropbox folder is still full with attribute files... when will the process start?

And John, it's been a month since I gave you the information via mail you wanted for investigating the problem. Any news?

By the way... this is what happens when I try to delete an attribute file:

"The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)"

Johnnie Y.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Please fix this. Instead of suggesting users delete the attribute files on the site (I have too many to count), it would be expected that a company such as Dropbox would be able to develop an effective solution.

This ticket has been active for a while, and yet no effective resolution has been reached.

Please advise.

Andrew A.9
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

All the files in a shared dropbox folder have added the dropbox.attributes extension and are now not visible on any of the computers but are still on the website. The documents cannot open with the extension cannot open. Is there anyway to restore the documents without the dropbox.attributes extension?

suzette r.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi I have loads of attributes files which I need to remove. I tried t delete them from the web but they keep on re-appearing. Anybody can help please?

Björn B.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I have the same issue...

Could you please give me/us more more information about the state of the solution about this problem?

Thanks,

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Simon L.11 New member | Level 1
    ClarLynda W. New member | Level 1
    Björn B.6 New member | Level 1
    suzette r. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?