Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer unlinked during 2TB upgrade

goodkim New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

After my dropbox was upgraded to 2 Tb my pc became unlinked.  I can still see all my files on dropbox.com, my pc and my cell phone.  However the dropbox icon on my pc was saying not pc not linked.  but then when i linked it in the settings it now says it is synching 131,000 files.  so for now i have paused it.  It seems the files are all still there, it should only have to synch new files.  appreciate any help.

1 Reply 1

Re: computer unlinked during 2TB upgrade

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @goodkim,

Initially, I wanted to mention that, in general, changing your subscription (whether you upgrade or downgrade) shouldn't unlink your account from connected devices. 

Although I'm not able to pin-point exactly as to why you experienced this, if you signed back in to your account on the desktop app, it sounds like it's indexing for any changes that may have occurred in your Dropbox folder. 

Please bear in mind that Dropbox can only upload/download as fast as your ISP allows, and, despite Dropbox normally not using all of your bandwidth, you can manually change the speed from the desktop app's preferences

I hope this helps to some extent, but please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?