Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

couldn't start dropbox

Helpful | Level 5

i tried reinstalling the app, a stabil one as well that zdravko suggested but still doesn't work. any help would be appreciated...

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 12.55.24 PM.png

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: couldn't start dropbox

Super Collaborator | Level 20

"Please contact Dropbox support with the following info for help:"???... Where is the info...?

PS: Thread like this can be proposal for Dropbox development - querying for help be more automated implementation - just a button click and forward to prefilled form. Many users get confused when error info content have to be moved to the thread (like here). Good examples (to get idea from) are "drkonqi", "apport"... and others (convenient and fully automated issues report).

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

i reached out to them on twitter and they gave me possible solution instructions that are way beyond my expertise to execute. i've been using dropbox for at least 10 years but i just migrated the data i had to my icloud. it's different but working just fine. i might gave them another try in a few months when i imagine updates will naturally work out whatever glitch i am experiencing. in the meantime every other ad that i see is for dropbox....

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @mmendler.

I'm sorry to jump in and I understand that you might not want to work on this issue any more.

That being said, note that in order for us to further investigate, we'd need to get and analyze the full error log that corresponds to the error message pop-up you're getting.

To get the full text of the error click on the blue link within the error's pop-up. This will open a file with the full text of the error. Then, copy and paste the whole text in your next response here so we can have a look.

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

i did send the full log and got the recommendation to do an advanced reinstall. that is too complicated solution for me and other average/ below average users. i genuinely don't understand what some of the step refer to / mean. to me that is something that is being walked over step by step over the phone.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I understand this is not a very easy process to follow @mmendler; we're here to help though.

If you could give me the whole error log, I could probably verify if an advanced re-install is actually needed.

Feel free to let me know on which exact step you're stumbling over so I can shed some additional light. 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

PS: I'm afraid, phone support is currently offered to admins on our Dropbox for Business team accounts - not individuals.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?