Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

daily updates of dropbox app

Explorer | Level 3

Although I am running a stable built of dropbox (with the on my desktop computer at work, Windows 7 Professional, it downloads a new version of the app daily. In the past week, it's announced 58.4.92, 60.4.107, 61.4.95, several times each. The process slows my computer.

Any suggestions how to prevent this from happening?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: daily updates of dropbox app

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @iranyc - sorry to hear about this.

Kindly note that we do regularly (not daily though) update active Dropbox accounts automatically to the latest version of the desktop application as each new version includes a number of key updates so it’s important that you run the latest version whenever possible.

If we have issues updating your computer to the latest version the Dropbox application will let you know that your current version is old. You can read more about the updating process here while you can find out more about high CPU usage if you notice this again here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/high-cpu-usage 

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for replying, but that doesn't address my issue. I restart my computer every night when i leave work. In the morning, when I log on to the network (large company, scripted logon) after other applications finish loading, drobox downloads and installs itself automatically, then announces that I now have the latest release. The last couple of days it has been 61.4.95, but last week it jumped around to other ones i cited in my original note. 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

That sounds like something on your computer is removing the install when it reboots @iranyc

It should not be needing to reinstall daily unless the process is being undone overnight. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?