cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete dropbox app from one computer

delete dropbox app from one computer

Claireaskes
New member | Level 2

hello,

I have a problem concerning the process of deleting my dropbox app from my computer. I do not want to delete the account, just the app on my computer because it is taking to much space in my computer storage. I have followed the instructions on your site (the article: uninstall dropbox) but the app is still on my computer, so are all the files in the dropbox. In the past I tried to litteraly delete the app, but I accidentally deleted all the files in the account as well. Can you help me?

6 Replies 6

Re: delete dropbox app from one computer

Mark
Super User II
Once you have deleted the application you also then need to delete the 'Dropbox' folder. Deleting the application does not remove the data from computers. That needs to be done manually afterwards.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Claireaskes
New member | Level 2

Okay, I understand. But how do I delete the folder manually?

Mark
Super User II
No different to how you would delete any other file or folder on your computer - because that is exactly what it is. Its no different to anything else on the machine.

You go to where its stored and right click 'delete' on it or press the delete button.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SandraL
New member | Level 2

How do I delete dropbox files locally on one PC?  Since I deleted the dropbox program file on the one PC I can't get to the dropbox folder (on that one PC) to delete the items in it and free up memory.  How can I delete dropbox documents once I have deleted the program?

Mark
Super User II
We need more info. Why wont it delete? What happens?

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @SandraL

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, let’s work on that together!

Please keep in mind that, once you've uninstalled the application on your desktop, the Dropbox folder containing your folder & file structure will remain there intact. If you'd like to remove the files in your Dropbox folder from your hard drive, all you d have to do is drag your Dropbox folder to the Recycle Bin (if you’re on a Windows computer).

This action will delete all files stored locally on your Dropbox folder. If you’d like more details, please have a look here

Hope this is helpful to you. Please keep me updated if you need more help in your reply! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
    SandraL New member | Level 2
    Claireaskes New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?