cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting files

deleting files

trixi
New member | Level 2
Unaware of how dropbox works completely, hi unknowingly that dropbox back up my desktop. I want it off dropbox. But I need to be positive that it will not delete it from my computer, just from my dropbox. What should I do? I cannot find anyone who can give me a direct answer.
3 Replies 3

Re: deleting files

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

trixi
New member | Level 2

I can't find any of the links you are referring to.  I don't have a dropbox icon on the taskbar.  I can only find how to 'pause' back up, not how to restore. I'm very techy, but I've never been so lost in all the years.  Isn't there a way that anyone can just get my stuff off of there?  I'm thinking of resetting the whole computer as I am totally backed up on Carbonite.  This is a total nightmare. 

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@trixi wrote:

...  I can only find how to 'pause' back up, not ...

Hi again @trixi,

I'm tech savvy too, but have no idea how can I "'pause' back up". 🤔 Till now I had no idea it's even possible. Can you post a screenshot showing where you found a way to perform it. 🧐 It can be a good start point to your issue resolving and knowledge exchange too. 🙂 Show clearly the way/windows you are getting to the place of the 'pause' and all menus options/entries selected throughout.

Keep your private data hidden/blurred.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    trixi New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?