cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desktop

fta12
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I just downloaded drop box to send one single file and all of sudden all my work from my desktop is gone. All my files and photos and I am very upset. Please could someone tell me how to get rid of drop box on my desktop and for it to put everything back. I am very angry.

5 Replies 5

Re: desktop

Rich
Super User II

@fta12 wrote:

I just downloaded drop box to send one single file and all of sudden all my work from my desktop is gone.

You enabled the computer backup feature during the installation.

fta12
Explorer | Level 3

Hi rich, thank you for your help however this page has kept popping up for me but when i open my preferences and backup tab I do not have the option to manage back up - the only thing i can click is 'set up'

Walter
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear you're having issues with this @fta12.

Can you send us the app's exact status as shown in your system tray/menu bar in order to have a better look into this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fta12
Explorer | Level 3

The drop box app is in my tray/menu bar and my desktop background has changed picture and all my files are no longer on it 

Walter
Dropboxer
Is it still syncing or showing 'up to date' @fta12?

Could you try unlinking this device from your account's Security page and let me know if it helped?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?