cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling export Feature

disabling export Feature

Achin kansal
Explorer | Level 4

Hi this is achin kansal from india,
I am a Dropbox user since last few years and have been using the export feature the maximum to transfer / share docs like .XLSX, .PDF, .docx, .jpeg .png to other users by WhatsApp, email and other modes as well
From today morning I m not able to see this feature currently I am using iPhone 12 and Dropbox version is 228.2.4

It was a very useful feature for me and I used it daily, now tell me how to share files easily with other users otherwise I need to create a transfer and then the other user will have to click the transfer link and then it will be redirected to my db in which he will have to search for the file manually and then download it.. it's so messy and also trespassing into another user's account help me 😡😡

2 Replies 2

Re: Can't use export feature from today

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @Achin kansal, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

Generally, when you send a transfer, the recipient will receive a link and will be able to access its contents, but nothing outside of it. 

Also, if you want to receive a link directly to the file, you can also send them a shared link to it. 

Could you clarify the exact steps you're taking to share files from your mobile app?

If you're getting any error messages, a screenshot would be very helpful. 

Give me a shout whenever you have a moment to check this out, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?