cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do files dropped in dropbox take up space on my computer or only in dropbox?

ez pezy
New member | Level 2

1 Reply 1

Re: do files dropped in dropbox take up space on my computer or only in dropbox?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @ez pezy, thanks for dropping into the Community here!

If you have the desktop app installed on your computer and are dropping files into the Dropbox folder, the files would be taking space on both your computer and in your Dropbox account.

There are a few features you can use if you don't want the files to take space on your computer too when you don't need to access them locally on your computer for editing.

You can check out more info about selective sync here, to choose which folders you'd like to sync. Also, you can check out Smart Sync here which reduces the space the files take on your computer.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?