cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox causing continual 100% disk access

dropbox causing continual 100% disk access

Robert W.68
Helpful | Level 6

Saw a similar post, DB causing "too high disk activity" from 5/15, people had the same concern, but no solution appeared.

I have been using DB on Win8, and with no problem, got a 2nd computer that runs Win10. Copied the DB directory directly onto 2nd machine and then synced it to the same account, so that both computers would be synced to the same online account.

I noticed that my new W10 computer was running poorly and determined that the disk was being accessed at 100% pretty much constantly. Stopping DB normalizes disk access.

Is there a solution for this problem? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: dropbox causing continual 100% disk access

Robert W.68
Helpful | Level 6

I eventually solved this by deleting my entire local DB directory (the files stored on my computer) and allowing Dropbox to redownload them automatically from the online version. . 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David H.71
New member | Level 1

Same here. Limiting sync rate has no effect. Really slows down my system with almost constant 100% disk usage until I pause Dropbox sync.

Robert W.68
Helpful | Level 6

I eventually solved this by deleting my entire local DB directory (the files stored on my computer) and allowing Dropbox to redownload them automatically from the online version. . 

View solution in original post

pchidley627
Explorer | Level 4

Here we are in 2020 and having the same problem with Dropbox. 

Support was useless.  There is obviously a flaw in the software that they can't be bothered fixing.  😞

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?