cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox does not start sync in windows 10

dropbox does not start sync in windows 10

sotbi1
Explorer | Level 3

My dropbox is not syncing.  In fact, the icon keeps telling me that the sync is starting but this doesn't happen.  I tried opening the program manually and all it did was open the folder.

I uninstalled, restarted, and then reinstalled.  I look in task manager and it is running, but nothing is happening. 

Can you please help me as it is frustrating and disrupts my work?

I understand that several users face this problem but when I search in the forum no definite answer has been posted or some conversations have been moved into private channels.

Thanks 

Sotirios

5 Replies 5

Re: dropbox does not start sync in windows 10

Mark
Super User II

Can you try an Advanced Reinstall?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sotbi1
Explorer | Level 3

It didn't work. The app does not start sync.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @sotbi1

Initially, could you ensure if there are any third-party apps that could be blocking/hindering the app from running, like an antivirus? In this case, could you please try temporarily disabling your antivirus or security program or configure your firewall to work with Dropbox, and see if that does the trick?

Also, could you by any chance be connected through a work network? If you are, check with your company’s IT department, as there could be a potential update on your firewall settings which could be affecting your connection. 

I’d also recommend having a look through this Help Center article for more suggestions in case you come across something that might help resolve your concern. 

If you’re still encountering some trouble with this, please let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sotbi1
Explorer | Level 3
Dear Lusil
Everything I tried didn’t work and the problem remains. I checked firewall, antivirus, workplace network issues etc...:(

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @sotbi1.  

In order to have a more in-depth investigation of this, we’d have to take it to email. For this reason, I’ve contacted you at the email address associated with your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Thanks in advance! :nerd:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    sotbi1 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?