cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox does not upload some files, stuck syncing. Windows 10

dropbox does not upload some files, stuck syncing. Windows 10

jl232221
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I have two computers, both win10 19.10. Since a week or so, I noticed some files don't ever get uploaded from the pc they were created on. Dropbox keeps saying 'Syncing 49 files'...

Dropbox is 89.4.278 in both. These are text, tiny files (less than 1kb). I am a software engineer and have checked for obvious issues (https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/stuck-syncing etc), so I doubt this is a 'check this option here' issue. 

I have tried 'Fix hardlings' and 'Fix permissions' in Dropbox, also restarting dropbox, restarting windows, checking no program is blocking the files, disabled Defender etc. Nothing seems to work. If i rename the file does not work either. I had to put them in a new folder and then I got one file updated, but took me a bunch of trials. This is a big issue for me.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Re: dropbox does not upload some files, stuck syncing. Windows 10

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @jl232221, let's see if we can get to the bottom of this!

Could you try the steps posted here and let me know if that helps with the stuck syncing? This should fix any incorrect file permissions that could be preventing sync.

Let me know how it goes and we'll take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jl232221
Helpful | Level 6

I forgot to add that info when I posted, but added a min later: "I have tried 'Fix hardlings' and 'Fix permissions' in Dropbox, also..."

so no, that didn't help...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @jl232221!

It seems like I missed that addition to your initial post, but that's good to know you've tried those steps.

When you click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray, do you see any error messages at all in the sync status? Does it mention a specific file name?

If you check your Dropbox folder in your File Explorer window, do those files appear with the syncing icon :arrows_counterclockwise: or a red X icon next to them?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jl232221
Helpful | Level 6

@Daphne wrote:

When you click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray, do you see any error messages at all in the sync status? Does it mention a specific file name?

No errors. Message is "Uploading 30 files. 0KB/sec, 31h" (or something similar) or just "Uploading 30 files..."

If you check your Dropbox folder in your File Explorer window, do those files appear with the syncing icon :arrows_counterclockwise: or a red X icon next to them?

yes, they have the 'syncing' blue icon.

zabakov1
Helpful | Level 5

The same problem: Ticket: 10211310.............

jl232221
Helpful | Level 6

@zabakov1 wrote:

The same problem: Ticket: 10211310.............

it seems to be several issues reported in the forums are all the same...This must be a big issue I suspect. Is that ticket viewable in some url? 

zabakov1
Helpful | Level 5

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @jl232221, apologies for the delay!

So we can have a better look into this with some device specific info, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

If you'd like to, please check your inbox when you have a moment for my message and we can take it from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?