cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox icon does not appear.

H. Shingo
New member | Level 1

If you try to display from the notification icon, "this icon is not currently active."
It will be displayed.
Uninstall, but I tried the restart does not start dropbox.
Windows7, you use Google Chrome.
What will happen to the folder is open from the icon it?

5 Replies 5

Re: dropbox icon does not appear.

carljohan
Dropboxer

Hi,

If you do not see the Dropbox icon in the system tray; as a first step, could you please check that Dropbox is running? Look for the Dropbox icon in the system tray.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/141

If you don't see the icon then Dropbox is not running. Restart it from the Programs. If it is not starting (which may be the case here) could you let me know if you are seeing any error messages?

Cheers

Jen B.10
New member | Level 1

Dropbox will not restart from the Programs.  It shows an icon by the system tray, but goes nowhere.   

Jen B.10
New member | Level 1

And there is no error message.

Colette S.
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue. I have reinstalled dropbox several times. It does not appear in the menu bar and when I click on the application, nothing happens.

David R.86
New member | Level 1

Same problem. Re-installed dropbox several times and no icon in menu bar. Tried to start dropbox from apps list and nothing happens. Running windows 10. Dropbox was working until windows 10 updated

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David R.86 New member | Level 1
    Colette S. New member | Level 1
    Jen B.10 New member | Level 1
    carljohan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?