cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox status sync paused

dropbox status sync paused

Rabab
New member | Level 2

Hello after i installed dropbox on online ubuntu serve i got this message

This computer is now linked to Dropbox. Welcome rabab

[ALERT]: So your files continue to sync, sign in to your Dropbox account and move Dropbox to a supported file system

and when i try to start dropbox it start without any syncronization and when i check status i got Syncing paused 

so please help me i need to solve this issue 

9 Replies 9

Re: dropbox status sync paused

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Rabab,

On Linux Dropbox restrict filesystem to Ext4! What FS are You use?

Rabab
New member | Level 2

Screenshot from 2019-07-06 00-45-22.png

when i run 

df -Th 
i got this results

Здравко

Try something else:

findmnt; realpath ~/Dropbox

Здравко

@Rabab, if the result shows that there is something between ext4 partition and the Dropbox folder, then this is the problem. In such a case You can workaround using this. :wink:

Здравко

If You are lost yourself around in lot of output, You can receive more compact (but less informative) output using:

findmnt -T ~/Dropbox

Good luck!

Rabab
New member | Level 2

dear its working when i followed  this link https://www.maketecheasier.com/use-dropbox-non-ext4-linux-filesystem/

if you has another solution please share with me 

thanks

Здравко

I'm not sure what You ask me. Is it work or not? If works, everything is fine. If not, I already shared my version. Just one additional note: If You are using debian package installed then everything should start immediately when my script is installed. If You use independent control script, then You should take care for the ".py" extension. That's it.

Rabab
New member | Level 2

fisrt thanks for your effort with me

am asking for another solution as i thought that may be you have another one 

for your script you shared with me i don't know how i can use it my environment is ubuntu 

thanks again 

Здравко

Hmm.. Again, I can't understand what You really ask me. I'm also using Ubuntu. That what I share is self contained installer. This script rely that Dropbox's control script is `/usr/bin/dropbox` - the one installed automatically from debian package. If Your control script is something else - it's easy to make appropriate corrections. Save the script in file 'fix_dropbox', for example. Then make sure it's executable. And finally just run it. Depending on Your current setup, could be need to logout/login from/to ubuntu session (if need, You will be notified). At that moment everything should work. Is now in details enough?

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?