cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: dropbox with office 2016 and Win 10

Explorer | Level 4

Try it again.  I had to run through it a second time to get it to work.  Also use Outlook Account to add, for some reason Word didn't work the first time. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Does the integration with the batch file allow people to work on the same Word document at the same time? That is the functionality I am looking for at least in Dropbox integration with Office 2016.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same Problem as jp F.

Running Win 10 & Office 2016...

Nothing happend

I can see the entries in the Registry, but nothing appears in Office.

Maybe only for Win 8 and 7?

Anything else to change for Win10?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It did work on my Windows 10, Office 2016 machine. It seems we haven't quite solved the mystery yet if it doesn't work on some others. I don't have enough machines in my lab to narrow this down but I will take a look when I have some time.

@Jean-Marc this integration is simply a shortcut to open Dropbox to save files faster. What you are looking for is file lock notification which is much more complicated to implement. I believe at this time only OneDrive/Sharepoint supports that integration. In Dropbox you may get duplicate files though perhaps the "badge" integration with Office does support something there I just don't have a large enough org to have multiple people stepping on each others files to know how well that works out myself.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Andrew. That is exactly what I am looking for. I love having Dropbox as a place. But there is a workaround for that. I would really like to replace OneDrive with Dropbox for all collaboration. Shared editing of Word documents is so powerful that I am even willing to put up with the pain of using OneDrive.

I thought that Google Drive supports shared editing of Microsoft Office documents, but I'm not finding the information right now.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

On an Office 365 installation I had to use the first script, on a Office 2016 I had to use the second. So if one doesn't work try the other. Dropbox now works on all my office installations. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Lars, the first script indeed worked for me. The later one didn't. Thank you very much.

I have Office 2016 64-bits, installed from an Office 365 Business download.

Perhaps it is too much to ask, but I would like two Dropbox places. One for my personal dropbox folder and one for my companies dropbox folder.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Andrew S.

Do you have a batch file that works for Google Drive like you had for Dropbox to work with Office 2016?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Google has an official plugin for Office. I really wish Dropbox would release their own..

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?