cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: dropbox with office 2016 and Win 10

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks that worked for me too. I just think Dropbox should release their own official plugin like Google

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Still doesn´t works for me :-(

Reading the Batch-File shows me, that it is written for Office 2013, not for Office 2016. So we are still waiting for an official plugin like google offers. Really thinking about using onedrive instead of dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thomas it works for me in Windows 10/Office 2016. Does the batch file run successfully? How exactly does it not work?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello Michael,

yes, the batch file runs without any errors. But nothing appears in Word - no Dropbox in opening or saving files. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello,

now it works! I started the batch file again - like Carmine B. reported above. Now i can choose Dropbox as a place.

Great!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

> But nothing appears in Word - no Dropbox in opening or saving files. 

And Dropbox isn't an alternative if you "Add a location" in ie Word? Dropbox doesn't show up by default. You have to add it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Unfortunately, it does not recognize the OS with Windows 8.1 (with Classic Shell).  Thanks for your efforts in trying to make this work.  Much appreciated.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

The new batch files worked for me.

Thank you very much

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Maybe I am not understanding the question. 

But it is easy to have WORD automatic save every document to Dropbox from Word version 10 all the way up to the new 2016 -365,  Win 7 thru Win 10.  

In Word

Click File>options>Save>default file locations> type in or use browse =C:\Users\Name\Dropbox\Documents\

I use the same location for default template locations

You have to do this for each Office program, such as excel.  And to each Office program on every computer you want to save & open files from Dropbox  

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi all, too bad we have to hack this stuff, if the Dropbox people could just do and add-in once! Box has a nice COM add-in for Office. I never really solved the mystery of why I got the bat file to work but only for some, and there may have been some differences between 32/64 bit versions of Office or something. 

Anyways, the Dropbox integration stopped working on my Windows 10 machine and clearing the registry, re-running the batch file etc. didn't fix it.

Taking a fresh look again, I stumbled across this little utility Cloud Manager for Office. It is just a little beta utility. But it worked like a charm, I was able to clear out the old Dropbox services and re-add Dropbox as a service, and it works great again in my Office 2016. In fact I was able to get a little fancy and add a second dropbox for my personal dropbox in addition to my business account.

Hope others find this works too!

Anne B. you are correct, you are not understanding the question. Changing the default save location for Office programs is certainly a valid workaround. But you can only have one default location n'est-ce pas?. The use of having the "place" added for Dropbox is it becomes a useful shortcut when you typically save in multiple locations. I use OneDrive, Sharepoint libraries, and Dropbox for example. I could only pick one of those as a default save location, but if they are listed in the "places" I can save, I can quickly pick whichever one I need when I save a file.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?