cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

dropbox with office 2016 and Win 10

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Office 2016 doesn't proposes Dropbox as a cloud save as possibility (a plungin doesn't function / and clicking on Reâir gives nothing). Using the .bat file (that was working withing Office 2010 and 2013) doesn't work here (OS not reconized)

Any help appreciated

43 Replies 43
Highlighted

Re: dropbox with office 2016 and Win 10

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It would be nice to add dropbox as a place to office 2016. 

Hopefully Dropbox or MS will sort this so it can.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Don't know about nice - but critical ... get you act together

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Dropbox won't do anything about this problem. They told me it's up tu MS

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I love Dropbox, but support for earlier Office versions and not 2016?  No one knew there was a new version coming? Critical oversight.  Colin W is right ... get it together.  

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Lindsay, how do you expect Dropbox to implement coding and change Office so that it works? As JP said - Microsoft have to do that. It is after all THERE product. 

And I can't imagine it happening quickly - why would MS allow a competitor service in? They want you on OneDrive

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Also, just to clarify Dropbox has NEVER supported Office on a computer, it was a user created hack. 

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

That's not quite true. Dropbox and Microsoft have worked together to provide Office online integration and mobile app integration. https://blogs.dropbox.com/business/2014/11/dropbox-and-microsoft-office/

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Yes.

Online via the website. 

That isn't with Office 2013 or Office 2016 though which is what this thread is on about - i.e. installed Dropbox's on your computer. 

- - -

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm sure you're right Mark, but the new Office mobile apps work flawlessly with Dropbox and keeping me away from OneDrive is precisely why the Dropbox team should push MS for continued support on the desktop side.

I'm sure it's coming soon, but finger-pointing at your "partner" after press releases that say things like: we know that much of the world relies on a combination of Dropbox and Microsoft Office to get work done - is kinda sad. 

If your penguin icon is any indication you are smarter than me and avoid MS problems  

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?