cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropboxinstaller.dmg won't open

dropboxinstaller.dmg won't open

Phil M.22
New member | Level 1

I downloaded dropboxinstaller.dmg onto my mac running El Capitan, but when I doubleclick on dropboxinstaller.dmg, it never opens.

what can I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert S.
Super User alumni

The standard installer is working for me on 10.11.6 El Capitan, I'd suggest reboot and try again.

Looks like DB have removed the offline installer from the main download page, but it's still available, here.

Similarly, if an error is encountered I'd recommend restart the computer and run the installer again.

(Previously posted download link also updated.)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert S.
Super User alumni

Where did you get the installer from?

The Dropbox v3.12.6 installer works just fine for me on El Capitan.

If you're having difficulty, try the offline installer.

></p>

Nico Y.
New member | Level 1

same trouble

cosmosgu
Helpful | Level 5

Same problem here. Plus the link to the offline installer doesn't work, it just takes me to the same installer which doesn't mount.

Robert S.
Super User alumni

The standard installer is working for me on 10.11.6 El Capitan, I'd suggest reboot and try again.

Looks like DB have removed the offline installer from the main download page, but it's still available, here.

Similarly, if an error is encountered I'd recommend restart the computer and run the installer again.

(Previously posted download link also updated.)

mattrock
New member | Level 2

Thanks Robert. Offline installer you linked did the trick for me, whereas the previous installer failed to respond whatsoever. (El Capitan 10.11.6)

Cheers!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Need more support?