cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file sync icons missing from finder after upgrading to High Sierra

file sync icons missing from finder after upgrading to High Sierra

marcogodles
New member | Level 2

Hi,

After upgrading to High Sierra, I no longer see the sync ions next to any files within my dropbox folders in Finder. (Green tick icon, Blue syncing icon or Red error icon)

Is there some setting that needs to be activated to get them back?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: file sync icons missing from finder after upgrading to High Sierra

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @marcogodles

I just wanted to ensure that you’re looking at the relevant Dropbox folder, and so could you please check the path that appears when you click on the folder icon that’s on your Notification window (as shown on your screenshot)?

Could you also have a look at this article, which gives you more info and suggestions on how to tackle this? Maybe one of the suggestions will just do the trick for you. 

Let me know of any updates and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @marcogodles!

As a first step, could you please ensure that the desktop app is running? Do you see the Dropbox icon next to your desktop clock? If you do, when you hover over it, could you please let me know what it reads and send me a screenshot of it (omitting any personal info)? 

Cheers! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

marcogodles
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Yes, i can confirm that the app is running and is working correctly as files sync between finder and dropbox correctly, I simply cannot see the icons anymore.

Thanks!

Screen-Shot-2018-09-24-at-15.01.13.jpgScreen-Shot-2018-09-24-at-15.02.29.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @marcogodles

I just wanted to ensure that you’re looking at the relevant Dropbox folder, and so could you please check the path that appears when you click on the folder icon that’s on your Notification window (as shown on your screenshot)?

Could you also have a look at this article, which gives you more info and suggestions on how to tackle this? Maybe one of the suggestions will just do the trick for you. 

Let me know of any updates and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

marcogodles
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the link, I signed out and re-installed the desktop app and it re-indexed all the files and the icons are now back again.

Thanks for your help!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Glad to hear your issue’s resolved, @marcogodles! If there’s anything else I can do, let me know. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    marcogodles New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?